The Kelland Memorial located near Kelland's birthplace..
1. Clarenc's parent's 60th wedding anniversary article.
2. Young Kelland in a Portland school play (front row, second from the right)
3. Photo Donation: A framed 11x14 photograph of Portland native Clarence Budington Kellan was recently donated to the Portland District Library by Mike Judd, local Kelland historian. This historical photograph of Kellend was taken to promote the first installment of his popular Western series “Arizona”, in the February 25, 1939 edition of the Saturday Evening Post magazine. Librarian Jan Mosser accepted the gift. Photo by Kristina Reynolds, Youth Librarian.
4. Kelland Family Burial Plot
5. Kelland Grave Marker
6. Plaque commerating the site of Maggie Kelland's millinary store.
3. In 2006 the Kelland Store hosted an open house in honor of CBK's 125th birthday. The cake was modeled after Kelland's novel, The Steadfast Heart. The story is set in a small town called Rainbow, closely resembling Portland. Later in 2006 Gov. Grandholm visited the store while celebrating the opening of the new downtown boardwalk which overlooks the Grand River. She was presented with a Kelland mug and a tour of the store.
3. The 'thinly painted' house where Kelland was born, located on E. Bridge St., near the memorial. From the Kelland memorial dedication brochure